PIONEER Stagecoach Company Brass Luggage Tag Colorado Circa 1880
T& W Stands for “Horace Tabor and Pearly Wasson,” owners of stagecoach company at the time, circa 1880 – 1881.
Stagecoach operations existed between Silverton and Animas Forks, San Juan County, Colorado. Page 114, MANY MORE MOUNTAINS, Volume 3, by Allen Nossaman. Tabor and Wassaman purchased the stage line from Frederick Steineger in 1880. Page 22, MANY MORE MOUNTAINS, Vol. 3. In 1881, Tabor bought out Wasson and focused the traffic between Rockwood and Rico. Tabor drifted away from this stage line in 1882 and focused on other investments.
Brass. Embossed on back: “Novelty Mfg. Co., Denver, Col.”
Dimensions: 1-1/2 inches in width by 1-1/2 inches in height
Lettering painted white.
Condition: near fine condition.
Circa. 1880. Stagecoach company had a line in northwestern Colorado, in what would become Routt and Moffat counties.