A nice Medical College of Pennsylvania pin that was given to Viola J. Erlanger M.D. in 1915. Dr. Viola was later set to France for WWI to help young children and women caught up in the bloody fighting.
Gold wash Sterling pin with m.a.c N.Y. stamped on the back
“The Woman’s Medical College of Pennsylvania (WMCP) was founded in 1850, and was the second medical institution in the world established to train women in medicine to earn the M.D. degree. The New England Female Medical College had been established two years earlier in 1848. Originally called the Female Medical College of Pennsylvania, the college changed its name in 1867 to Woman’s Medical College of Pennsylvania in 1867. The associated Woman’s Hospital of Philadelphia was founded in 1861. Upon deciding to admit men in 1970, the college was renamed as the Medical College of Pennsylvania (MCP).” – Wikipedia
Dimensions: 1 ¼” by 1”
Condition (8.5/10) Shows signs of wear. Some light marks on the edges. Light scratches on the back. Pin and locking system works great
Out of stock